Skip to main content

Week 5. Blessed this Mama's field.


So, this week was good. We have a lot of success finding people, this last week we found 30 new people to teach with return appointments, the problem is they are never home for the return appointments. I ate a lot of sadza, tried to learn more Shona and taught a lot of lessons. So, it was a good week.

Some things I will highlight about Zimbabwe is one the driving here is freaky, there is a system but no law. You can go as fast as you want, pass whoever you want and as long as you are on the left side of the road, you're good. There are no buses to go around town, they have little vans called convoy’s and you just cram as many people as you can into them and have some guys hang out the windows and you drive across town. So those are fun to ride in.

I had to teach Elder Owuor what a sandwich was for lunch one day.

I have to ration my water or else we will run out, as a matter of fact we are out of water right now. We usually run out at the end of the day, so I have to brush my teeth with my water bottle.

I blessed this old mama's field. We were walking down a road and we saw this mama working so I asked her if we could help her, so I started to dig the holes for her and she wanted to know where I learned to work. So, I said from my home in America. And she said you work In America?!?! And I said yes, I work very hard in America. Then she said thank you, you have blessed my field. I thought she meant that because we were missionaries but Elder Owuor told me it was because I was the first white person to work in her field. I looked back at her and she was laughing.

Power goes out unexpectedly, so I have had a personal study in candle light. And the water pump doesn't work when the power is out so that makes it more interesting.

I get to do my laundry by hand in buckets so that is fun. 

I was out of time last week because of very spotty internet connections so I forgot to put in a SOTW in my rush to get the group email out. But last week was 2 Nephi 33. In v 15 the last line and compare that to the rest of the stories Nephi tells. Apply it to him then apply it to you

This week SOTW Mosiah 13-16 look at Abinadi's faith and his boldness when testifying, study what he teaches and look for ways it applies to us.



Have a great week!

-Elder Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10. Soccer Payoff.

This week was good.  One cool thing about this week was my area has been struggling compared to the rest of the district. But I realized why. I have been thinking that baptism is a huge deal, which it is, but I have been waiting for people to be more committed before I extend a date. This week I realized how will they desire to be committed if they don't have a day to work for. So, I started offering dates and now we have 4 people on date and lots more committed to baptism.  Another thing is that as a district every Monday (Pday) we go to the church and play soccer and now I can say that all those years of playing with the Mexicans is paying off for helping me to beat the Africans. They are small friendly games, but we invite everyone to come and play and I have a fan section because nobody has seen a Kiwa play.  We did a service project on an illegal farm on Saturday so that was fun. Also they were impressed that a marungu could plow faster than them, I don&#

Week 17. The Spirit of God.

Week 17 January 28 th , 2019 Well the first week of t new transfer has begun. This week was normal, we worked in Pangoline which is that area around the chapel, we have a baptism this week. I don’t really know what else happened. This week seemed so much less interesting compared to last week. But we did go to Bulawayo for Zone Conference, in a combey, in a day, so it may not seem interesting but a combey ride for eight or more hours is always interesting. One cool thing that happened this week was yesterday the senior couple missionaries Elder and Sister Smith came to town, so we had church and it was normal, but after we went to the house of this person the Zone Leaders are teaching, we took the entire zone (all 8 of us) and the Senior missionaries to this mans house. His name is Shepard and he is paralyzed from the waist down. He said he really wanted to come to church but because of his circumstance he can’t. So, all of us took church to him. We sang hymns and share

Week 2. Angels among us.

Hey everyone! It was another great week here at the MTC and now I only have a few days left, I fly out on Monday at 4:45 in the morning and get there a long time later.   The Red Sea in the MTC.  Elder Williams and a fellow Elder friend. Well I will start with the most interesting highlight of the week. I found an angel. Me and Elder Gammon went to the 6th floor study area to study one day and we met a teacher named sister Orr. She was really nice and taught us some journaling stuff, a fun restoration game to play, and how to say: welcome to the MTC, Welcome to the empty sea, and Jesus Christ loves you, all in sign language. She teaches sign language here and she was nice. But the thing is Elder Gammon wanted to meet her again, so we started asking all the White tags(teachers) and info desks where she is but nobody knows her. We asked at least 50 workers that day and not a single one of them has ever heard of her. So Elder Gammon is positive that she is an angel and jus